youngin' here

Hey all, My name is Stephen and I appear to be the youngest member here.
I'm twenty years old and live in sunny, and very hot, Miami Florida.
I'm a Junior at Florida International University with a dual major in Computer Science (Neural Networks) and Small Business Admin. Most of the credits I took in Highschool and Duel enrollment worked for both, and I can't see working for someone else for the rest of my life so I said "why not" and went for it.
I currently work as a Photographer, freelance and events mostly. I sell cameras at a rather large retail outlet as my 9-5 when I'm not in school (like right now).

Dad (actually my best friend's father, but their family to me and I don't live with my own father) and I bought a Toyota MR2 two years ago and managed to turn it into a F355 look alike. Actually, I bought the car off of a friend who had one to many speeding tickets with it (It's a 400hp turbo four banger) and found out about kitcars and the like when I ran across PFF (A Feiro forum). It turned out that I had a car that would take a re-body with no issues and it was close to getting me in trouble anyway.
Dad agreed to help me (he's an auto body expert and has owned and worked on a few race cars in his day) and we bought a kit from Extreme. Luckly we found a 355 with a missing engine, shot suspension, and interior water damage; so we bought the parts we could use (I couldn't find an accurate rear bumper to save my life) and threw them on.
He got the bright idea of taking it to the track every thrursday, when they do tune in laps for friday races, and see if anyone was intersted. I sold the car for a nice profit to someone who knows the Toyota engine and really liked the car. It had gotten me a speeding ticket anyway (should have seen the look on the cop's face when I handed over the regestration for my "Ferrari" and it said Toyota on it. He did a double take.)

Now I'm looking at building something new and you GT40 guys seem to really know what your doing.

I've been playing with different chasis designs in my spare time and Dad's ready to open another shop. Like I said, I'm not sure if I want to go with a 40, but the info on this fourm is great anyway.

So that's me.

Back