interior upgrade

I have MONO 14 with leather interior. Do the new models have full leather covering the roof and door panels? Mine has exposed fiberglass in those areas and I would like to cover it with black leather to match the dash and console. I am wondering if there is an upgrade kit available.

Next question: There is a substantial gap betwen the door and body adjacent to the door limiting straps that lets a lot of air in. The door seems to seal everywhere else but does not come close to sealing in that area. Any thoughts? thanks; chuck

Air gaps

Hi Cliff, you can move the plastic parts that the trim attaches to, closer to the door. Remove the screws that hold the strap bracket to the dash, pull the plastic piece out and set it where you want it, drill thru the holes in the dash for the strap bracket and put it back together and you will have a much better seal. The original design was good but whoever assembled these cars did not know how to adjust the trim pieces.
My car has leather on the top and doors and is very nice, any good upholstery place should be able to help you out.

561234 said:
Hi Cliff, you can move the plastic parts that the trim attaches to, closer to the door. Remove the screws that hold the strap bracket to the dash...

David, thanks for that! I had gone through 3 rolls of foam tape to seal it out, never figured it out. I thought the fiberglass molding was off on the driver's side (where it leaked).

Cheers!rockonsmile

Back