fender mounted mirrors sources

I bought a pair of mirrors for my GT they look good but the plastic mount on the fender has broken twice. It doesn't take much force to break it. I want to replace them. I presently have mirrors that called vataloni california style.
Paint to match the car. I don't want chrome. I just need a good qaulity mirror. I'm having trouble finding something that does look like it belongs on a ricer.
Any sources

LLoyd

Last edited:
thanks guys but thats what if have. That base is plastic. Press downward on the end of the mirror and it breaks with very little force. I've broke two already. One broke when the gas hose brushed across the top. I don't want cheaper i want more quality. I paid $80 for the pair

lloyd

Last edited:
I've got a pair of NOS original Vitaloni California mirrors (with metal bases) that I bought from Italy you can have them for $150, much tougher than the type you have which is a reproduction of the original you actually have to walk directly into it to break the neck (as I diid on the original RH mirror on my car) I also have a right hand plastic based one of the same I throw it in and split the shipping with you. PM me if interested

Last edited:
Another option may be to use OEM style mirrors such as the RX7 type
used by Hershel and others. Bonus feature is they are electric.
There were several threads on this topic....hopefully retrievable.

MikeD

Thanks Ron

I've been looking at every car on the highway for mirrors. I have noticed ever production car the mirrors seemed to have the ability to take a hit with out breaking. Most seemed to be spring loaded to be able to bend backwards.

The search is on

LLoyd

Back