RF removable doors

Having worked on a few GT40s the one thing I found a pain in a workshop situation is the doors.

I have already made front & rear clip hinges www.mentalperformance.com.auExclusively

I own an RF & the one thing I promised myself was they have to come off easy (no fuss).

I went through several ideas I think this was the better of them (simple).

This is the working prototype not the finished product.
There are several items not shown such as upper and lower cover plates.
The lower plates need more in out adjustment and the cover plates will hide the laser cut slots for the upper and lower bolts.
Normally I would finish a few units before posting but I want to out source the machining of the s/steel shafts due to time .
If I make Y sets and X are interested then you have to go through it again.
Sorry for the rambling.

There is a threaded collar in the bottom of the door hinge pin tube.
The shaft is locked by the top half nut so it becomes part of the door.
Back the nut & turn the shaft via the Allen key this gives your height adjustment.

The radius in the top bracket fits the collar bracket perfectly .
Removing the three bolts and top collar is all that is required.
The door lifts out of the bottom bracket.
There is a nylon sleeve not shown that goes between the top collar & top 1/2 nut to stop the door riding up.

I have had this door off 30-40 times and it goes back to exactly the same spot so I am going to make some real ones.
If anyone has any interest I am happy to make more.
All 316ss
1 pair complete
$300 Australian
Pm me if interested .

Jim.

Attachments

• DSCF0082.JPG
    DSCF0082.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCF0086.JPG
    DSCF0086.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
Removeable doors

Jim,
We met at the GT40 outing at Dural about 6 months ago.Yes I will take a set.Will need assistance to fit.I also need also some of your assistance in fabricating an adjustable rear sway bar for my RF.Cheers mate.

Back