Kennedy Clutch / Pressure Plate, RF Flywheel = No go

Ron Earp

Admin
Kennedy sent the clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing today. I tried to mate them with my Roaring Forties flywheel that I got from Jerry Jansing to no avail (Jerry was giving it to me as a favor, he didn't know that I was attempting to fit KE parts to it). It appears that the Roaring Forties flywheel is a little larger than what Kennedy makes for their Audi 016/Ford kit, so, my options at this point are to:

*Send the Kennedy stuff back to them and source RF parts - clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing - do we have part numbers for this stuff

or

*Order a flywheel from Kennedy

Opinions or comments? I'm still looking for stock Audi 016 shifter bits too.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Second thought, I decided to bite the bullet and get the KE flywheel. The pressure plate and clutch, stage II from those guys, is supposed to be good for 470 ft lbs of torque. Not sure what the RF stuff was good for, although I never heard of clutch/pressure plate failures, just gear box failures. At any rate, I know the plate I have will work with Kennedy, while I don't know if the plate will work for RF stuff. I want to build the car, not assemble another gearbox/engine solution from parts.

R

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I can attest that the Kennedy setup is good quality and properly fitted. I think you'll be happy going this route.

Ron Earp

Admin
Fran does supply the shifter, shown on another thread, and it is nice. Problem is - it works with the stock Audi rod and ball. When I had my RF kit I modified those parts to work with the RF shifter, which is different, and those went when I sold my kit. Anyhow, that left me with no stock Audi rod and ball piece.......BUT - I have one on the way now so I should be okay.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hope so, it is what I ordered. I imagine KEP will allow a return if not, but, we shall see. I bet not come to think of it, I was thinking that KEP would use a standard Ford starter. Dang it.....I'll check with Fran.

Ron

Back