Are there any completed RCR-40 MkIV pics out there?

I am new to GT-40s so I dont know a lot about them, but ever since I visited the Henry Ford Museum in MI and saw the MkIV on display there I have been in love. It seems that RCR is the only one who is doing a MkIV body and I would love to see some pics of the body and any info on the body and the RCR-40 MkIV in general. Pics of any completed cars would be great. The more I look at GT-40s the more I want to finish my FFR and start saving my $$$$.

Trevor

Trevor,
you are quite right, RCR is the only company currently offering a Mk4 replica...Worldwide..
We have had many enquiries about the Mk4 but as yet nobody has purchased one....quite surprising really as its the only truly American car to ever win Le Mans.....
The body is very original and the chassis is similar in style to the Mk4 but not made from honeycomb aluminum as the original was...but our welded aluminum monocoque process...
I think one of the issues is that it may appear to be less streetable than a Mk1 or Mk2 but nonetheless ..Jim G has put many street miles on his original Mk4...# J6..

Feel free to give us a call.....

regards

gt40fran said:
Trevor,
you are quite right, RCR is the only company currently offering a Mk4 replica...Worldwide..
We have had many enquiries about the Mk4 but as yet nobody has purchased one....quite surprising really as its the only truly American car to ever win Le Mans.....
The body is very original and the chassis is similar in style to the Mk4 but not made from honeycomb aluminum as the original was...but our welded aluminum monocoque process...
I think one of the issues is that it may appear to be less streetable than a Mk1 or Mk2 but nonetheless ..Jim G has put many street miles on his original Mk4...# J6..

Feel free to give us a call.....

regards

Hey Fran - want to do a part exchange on an unbuilt GTD???? I'd love to build a MKIV.

Brett

Scott

Funny you should ask...the Forum leaders have decided we should have such a section....looking for volunteers to do the grunt work.

There are several websites with lot's of good history/photos...but not one
that I can think of at the moment that summarizes all models in the manner
you suggest. A true GT40 buff should have 2 or 3 books that
provide this info along with really great photography. For easy reading
and huge photos, try Dave Friedmans Shelby GT40 .
Or for more detail than you ever will need, get a copy of Ronnie Spain or Trevor Legate's books. They are all readily available from various suppliers
in the US via mail order, phone, internet.
Regards

MikeD

Hi all,

I'm new here and I'm interested in doing a MkIV project (sort of a divorce present to myself) but I have to throw up my new garage first so I'm still 6 months away from annoying RCR. And I've only built Ch**y hot rods before so I'm doing a bit of a crash course on the FE and 385 series big block Fords. There doesn't seem to be alot of photo's about for the Mk IV on the RCR website, I need to do my homework first and I need RHD with right side shifter. I don't really mind being first but it would be nice if someone else got the ball rolling.

David

Hi Dave

The issues building a big block MK IV are similar to building an MK II....header
fabrication, finding a suitable tranny, and findng appropriate tranny
adapter pieces. I suggest you chat with Fran...never too early to annoy him.

MikeD

Thanks for that. it hadn't occurred to me to put in anything other than a FE or maybe a 385 series. From my brief look, I can see the trans is going to be a little tricky, the 930 4 speed seems to be selling for 5-7 which isn't far off the rebuilt ZF. I'm not interested in huge horsepower, I'd rather it spun happily and ran reliably all day long so I suppose I could use the forged crank out of the 360 FE to keep torque acceptable and up rpms and hp. Might pay the FE Forum a visit next and do some reading. There are a couple of races including a 6 hour and a targa I'd like to do with it but more from a fun angle.

David

Actually they are very similar...
The Mk4 has a narrower roof section but as we offset the center tunnel in all of the RCR cars the drivers seat is more central by design.
All of the RCR cars will comfortably seat a 6'5" 280-300lb driver with no Gurney bubble or drop floor.
Hope this helps.

Back