RCR Assembly

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We have a DVD build manual in its final stages ....this will be available to owners only at this stage, although I will have no problem sending specific items/chapters for people looking at purchasing cars....especially if it will help with their confidence in being able to finish the build.....

Here is a quote from an RCR builder....Ron McCall aka Pantera1889...

"""NOt to mention that the car is so well engineered that even a novice like me can put it together without a manual! """

Ron

he is being modest but the sentiment hold true....

Contact me directly for more info...

hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks Fran. Short of having you post a couple hundred pictures I just wanted to get an idea of exactly how some of the car went together.
I'm trying to get my ducks in a row so I can put my Cobra on the market. Once it sells I want to build a GT40 and so far I think yours is the only one I've found that I fit in other than the overpriced SPF roller and that one is still a little tight on head room even with the Gurney bubble. I don't think I could wear a helmet in there. I'll give you a call when I get closer to ordering a car. If I do it I have to take delivery before the 1st of the year or risk not being able to drive it until '08 thanks to California rules.

Scott

Scott

Suggest you take a ride up to LA and check out Bill D's RCR.
Nothing can substitute for first hand inspection.

As a general statement...those that are capable of building a Cobra
should be able to build a GT40....just need lot's more time and $$$.

MikeD

You are more than welcome to come see my car. I live in Camarillo, just 50 minutes north of Los Angeles. Also, check out my build site listed below. I am documenting my build in great detail.

Bill D

Bill I would love to come up some time but finding the time has been the issue lately. It will be about 3 hours each way for me so it will be a full day trip.

I may be able to run up there on Saturday August 5th. Would that work for you? The wife will be away that weekend and can't plan too much for me while she's gone. :)

Back