Registry Prototype

Ron Earp

Admin
Registry is Done!

I'm trying to nail down the idea for a registry prototype and created this JPG of what it might look like. Any comments or suggestions? This is a custom code situation so I'm trying to get something off to a programmer that resembles what we wish to see.

Attachments

• registry.jpg
    registry.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 684

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Wow! You're hired!

I'd like to see date manufactured (started) and date on-road, as well as Builder, if possible. Great work!

Mark

Ron Earp

Admin
Alright, any other comments????? This is the first "custom" thing I've contracted anyone to do on the forum and since it'll cost some $$$ I want to make sure it gets done right. Please make any suggestions you see fit.

Ron

Ron Earp said:
Alright, any other comments?????
I'd probably rearrange it so the images on the right (or below the text)
That way, you don't have to scroll sideways to read the text if there are lots of images.

Ron Earp

Admin
We'll limit the images to four for a car, and, they will be displayed as 80x80 thumnails so that there should be no scolling upon viewing the registry as a whole. Each image can be clicked on to expand it.

R

Ron Earp

Admin
Registry is almost done!

drives see.jpg

usercp_edit.jpgI heard back from the progammer and the registry is almost done. Looks like he did an EXCELLENT job with it and this will really work on the site very nicely. It'll make GT40s.com stand out for sure with respect to maintaining a "Reader Rides" garage. Here are a couple of shots, one of the garage and one of the user entry page.

You'll be able to upload many photos of your car, and, your photos will stay with your car entry. The car entry can be viewed through the Garage, or, it can be viewed through your profile. So, if you want to see what John's car looks like click on his name and then have a look at his photos. Or, search the garage by name, car, etc.

If you like it let me know. Not a cheap add on for hire, but looks cool to me.

R

Attachments

• usercp.jpg
    usercp.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 452

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

Both idea and execution are winners. If additional funds are needed to cover the outside work, please advise. I'm sure you'll see a po$itive response from the forum.

T.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
i dunno if this is a uk-states thing but shouldn't "Chasis" be spelt "Chassis"?:dead:

also - some "help" for idiots like me that cant differentiate between "manufacturer" and "Chasis":lol:

wud it be worth while having a "registration id" field so that if a car changes hands it could be followed?

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
It is being worked on Richard. The first draft requires some corrections, spelling being a few of many.

Ron

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Sorry Ron for being "piccy" - shd have also said "Brill idea! filled mine in already!"

anyone with #10xx filled one in yet?:lol:

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Richard,

sorry if you took me to be short, it was not intended that way. Any changes or suggestsions fire away, it won't hurt my feelings, promise.

The prototype is being checked on and I am more interested in larger functional changes or additions, as well as oversights or omissions in the layout. The spelling is easily corrected by me through the control Panel once it "works". The programmer, from what I can tell isn't a native English speaker and isn't a car person. But seems he knows how to get things done and can program.

Best,
Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
The registry is up and running, as some of you have already found out. All you need to be is logged in and go to your User CP. Once there, click on My Car and type in information and upload photos. There are still a few minor details to clean up, but it seems to be working pretty well!

Back