More Questions on the Lexan/Plexiglass Windows

I have finished trimming and fitting the side windows and the rear window. I was curious as to what others are using as a seal between the Lexan/Plexiglass and the body. I found various adhesive backed rubber seal in McMaster-Carr.

Thanks
Bill D

Bill,my CAV has a thin ,narrow(1/4 inch ) wide piece of rubber weatherstriping around the perimeter. It also uses the same type around the headlight plexiglass.

Thanks Chuck. I spent the better part of last night going through the McMaster-Carr on-line catalog. II think 1/16" think by 3/8" wide would serve my purposes

Plexiglass windows

Bill
I am using the same weatherstripping used on truck beds when installing a cap. Basically a foam strip with one sticky side. It comes in various widths, and looks pretty good. I got mine from a buddy that installs caps, but what you described seems to be the same...BTW tires and wheels on your 40 look outstanding.
Cheers
Phil

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Bill, ever thought about trying to get a glass rear window? I've heard stories about the plexi/lexan/poly windows deforming over time from the engine heat. The CAV I have has a glass rear window with some (what looks like) production numbering on it - I can go write it down along with the mfg name in case you want to give sourcing a try.

Thanks Cliff, but I'm not sure it will fit. Seems every GT40 is a little different. I'll use the plexi and see how it goes.

Cheers

Back