Mike's RCR 40

Hey Guys,

I was looking for a place to vent the gas tanks. I know the hole in the tank next to the filler is to be used for that but where are you routing and terminating the vent lines?

I've got another question about the expansion tank. We plan on buying a tank from Canton. It has a filler cap on top, approx 1/2" npt fitting on the bottom, 3/8" fitting on the side and an over flow fitting next to the radiator cap.

My question is. Where should I run the line from the side of the tank? Do I have to run a line from the side of the tank to the top of the radiator or should I run that line to the top of the intake manifold? I was also looking for a fitting to run the bottom line from the tank to the suction line of the electric water pump.

Do you think this set up will work? You opinions are greatly appreciated.

Hi Larry
I plan on installing a roll-over valve in the line, and then venting to the outside via a fitting in the chassis. I haven't started it yet, so I don't have a picture. You should be able to buy a roll-over valve from Pegasus Racing or Baker Precision.

I can't help with the other question. Sorry

Bill D

Ron Earp

Admin
I was planning on putting a "in line cap" from the intake manifold output. It is simply a 2" ID (or 1.5" whatever) tube that has a radiator cap fitting weld to it with cap and tee for expansion tank. I didn't see that Pegasus had one but I kow they exist.

One could use this thing and simply pull of off it for the expansion tank.

Ron

Larry

I ran a 1/4 " line from the top of the radiator to the side NPT of the
Canton. That helps bleed the air out the system.

MikeD

Back