Momo Wheel and CAV....

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Anyone happen to know if there's a Momo steering wheel adapter that fits a CAV?? It's a splined shaft of about 5/8th's OD. Thanks in advance.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Anyone? Bueller?

Hoping somebody with a CAV has put a Momo wheel on their car and can comment here....

Thanks in advance!

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, I was going to respond this AM but forgot. If it is a 5/8" setup that is fairly common, as I recall. In fact, think I have a quick release around here for that size - maybe. I'll look in the AM.

All you need to do is call or email just about any good race shop, tell them the spline type, and tell them you want it for a Momo pattern. Easy. The adapter will weld onto your spline shaft and you'll be good to go.

There is no doubt there is one that fits, just give your favorite race shop a call. Might as well pick out your wheel and order it as a set, might save a few bucks. Personally, I've found better value with "non-momo" wheels, but I'm a cheap skate my racing buddies tell me - a little tennis racket tape goes a long way to improving the feel of a $25 wheel. And I hadn't noticed that the momo makes those guys any faster, in fact, I've beaten a few of my momo wheeled buds.

Anyhow, they make nice wheels and what you're doing is pretty simple, just give a shop a call and you'll be in like Flynn.

Ron

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ron Earp said:
Well, I was going to respond this AM but forgot. If it is a 5/8" setup that is fairly common, as I recall. In fact, think I have a quick release around here for that size - maybe. I'll look in the AM.

All you need to do is call or email just about any good race shop, tell them the spline type, and tell them you want it for a Momo pattern. Easy. The adapter will weld onto your spline shaft and you'll be good to go.

There is no doubt there is one that fits, just give your favorite race shop a call. Might as well pick out your wheel and order it as a set, might save a few bucks. Personally, I've found better value with "non-momo" wheels, but I'm a cheap skate my racing buddies tell me - a little tennis racket tape goes a long way to improving the feel of a $25 wheel. And I hadn't noticed that the momo makes those guys any faster, in fact, I've beaten a few of my momo wheeled buds.

Anyhow, they make nice wheels and what you're doing is pretty simple, just give a shop a call and you'll be in like Flynn.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks, that's good advice, I'll give Summit a jingle tomorrow. Love that place - love the free shipping too. Good chance to order a few go-fast goodies too....gonna be expensive I'm sure. Seems like I can't spend less than $500 every time I place an order with those guys, but it's good bang for the buck.

Thanks again.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Cliff,

I have a plate with the hex portion of a Wilwood quick release that will bolt to the steering column portion a momo wheel adapter. You'd need to fabricate a plate that bolts the wheel and the quick release together.
This avoids having to weld the hex portion to the column.

You are welcome to it...

Back