hi need help ? gt-40 or kit?

Hi I hope I am at the right place.I have a good friend whos health is failing and I have been selling his many cars and one of them is what he believes to be an original gt40 mk 1.He got it from sears point about 30 years ago and it has been sitting ever since.here is the problem it has an all ford drivetrain(I havent gotten the block #s yet but looked like a 289,with a 9 inch rear end and disc brakes) but the motor is in the front,and after looking everywhere i cant find even a front engine kit car anywhere.It has a square tubular frame which is really well built and I dont know where to locate the numbers on the car .It also has what appears to be factory air.did they put air in these things?He is under the impression that this is one of the very few race cars ford produced prior to going to the mid engine,is this possible?any info on id-ing this car would be really helpful,I mean even if it is a kit it is a 30+ year old kit and I am no expert but there has to be some numbers on it somewhere right?
Thankyou for your assistance

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Posting a couple of photos of your friend's mystery car, and especially of the chassis and suspension details, would save a lot of time and wasted "it might be this or that" speculation. You won't find any greater expertise in GT40 lore than on this site, but you need to provide better information in order to fully utilize the knowledge that resides here.

Cobraownr said:
"A picture is worth a thousand words." Posting a couple of photos of your friend's mystery car, and especially of the chassis and suspension details, would save a lot of time and wasted "it might be this or that" speculation. You won't find any greater expertise in GT40 lore than on this site, but you need to provide better information in order to fully utilize the knowledge that resides here.
thanks and I agree I was just trying to figure out how to post a pic but i am new at this ,any ideas?

profilepic13503_2.gif

Back