New fan

Hey guys,

I've always been a Ford fan but coming from Australia, I have only known the awesome Ford Falcon GT, and I'm in love with the Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase 3! I've been doing some research on here trying to find prices for a Roaring Forties replica and was wondering if anyone has any idea of the cost in aussie dollars. Also, does anyone know of any GT40 clubs in Adelaide (South Australia)? I've never seen a GT40 on the road here and would love to check them out - and listen to one! I'm only 23 and don't have the cash yet, but I'd really like to get a plan going to see where I'm headed in taking the steps to owning a GT40. You guys have done amazing jobs on your cars by the way! Any other advice offered would be fantastic.

Oh I forgot to ask about some numbers relating to performance. I assume you can obtain a range of power output in the replicas, but I was just wondering if anyone knows 0-100km/h, hp or kw... all the good stuff -:) particularly the RF cars

Hi Shaun,

Welcome aboard. I’m a bit like you in that the Ford Falcon GT HO Phase III was the first performance car to catch my attention. I was in my early teenage years when they were being produced and they were the only car to have back then. Watching Allan Moffat drive one to victory around Bathurst made me a Ford fan forever. It wasn’t until quite some time later that I discovered that Ford had also built this amazing looking race car called the GT40.

The answers to your questions though can be a bit rubbery since each RF GT40 is largely built to the owner’s specifications. Being that you are from Australia though, your choices of engine tune is limited as a result of the emissions regulations so I can tell you that the Australian cars will mostly be around 220 KW. The cars weigh somewhere close to 1000kg so that makes them good (depending on the gearing) for about 5 sec 0-100 km/h.

RF are currently undergoing an ownership change so I’ll let the owners chime in with prices, but to give you an idea, it would cost you about the same as buying an original XW GT HO, or a bit less if you decide to build one yourself.

GT40 clubs are still in their infancy since there have not been all that many replicas built until recently. I haven’t heard of any in SA but I might be wrong.

Good luck and hold that dream, it’s probably not that far away from becoming a reality.

Last edited:
Shaun,
There are several GT40s in South Oz.Contact John Staszynski of the Cobra Car Club on 088262 6398.I am sure he will be happy to help you.Cheers.

Back