Hello to all.

I'm building a DRB GT40 here in Perth. For various reasons (all the usual, I guess) it's taken quite a while, but I'm getting close now.

The motor is a supercharged Lexus 1UZ-FE with crossover exhaust, converted to dry sump and mated to a ZF gearbox by a GT Falcon twin plate clutch. I'm hoping for about 500 horsepower. Photo attached. The car will be burgundy with black wheels. I'm basing it on GT103, which is why I went for a quad cam engine.

Currently doing wiring (dashboard, cruise control, immobiliser, bluetooth and sound system, etc), bodywork (wide rear), remote oil tank fabrication, etc. Some minor chassis welding to be done, then final assembly. At least that's the plan.

I've been enjoying the forum and look forward to being a part of it now I've joined.

Lance

Attachments

• Dsc00404a (Small).jpg
    Dsc00404a (Small).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 391
Welcome Lance
Your DRB sounds very interesting, Would like to see more
pics. How long have you been building for?
I'm down in Albany, I've just started building #64.

Keith

Lumpy said:
Hello to all.

I'm building a DRB GT40 here in Perth. For various reasons (all the usual, I guess) it's taken quite a while, but I'm getting close now.

I'm hoping for about 500 horsepower. Photo attached. The car will be burgundy with black wheels. I'm basing it on GT103, which is why I went for a quad cam engine.

Wow! That's some motor set-up, :eek: and I'll bet it runs a tad more user friendly than the original quad cam DOHC Indy motor, but I would just love to do one though.

I think there'll be a lot of members watching your results in Oz quite carefully as they seem to have a devil of a job getting motors past the authorities, and yet, ironically, the V8 Supercar series features high hp V8's chucking all kinds of stuff out the pipes.

Good luck with it and keep us posted. Lexus/Toyota V8's are quite plentiful and relatively cheap over here and in the States.

Dave,

I've been working on (I think it's) DRB #7(!) for quite a while. I'll tell you about it some time when we get together. I tried to get Julian, who I believe is building together with yourself, over to have a look at it, but he was caught up with other things.

I'll do a few posts with some pics describing various apsects of my car on the DRB / GT40 Australia section. There are quite a few things that we've done somewhat differently that people may be interested in.

Keith,

I'm assured that the motor will be able to be registered as a 2006 motor with full ADR (Australian Design Rules) compliance. Watch this space. An Indy motor would be nice, wouldn't it? Not practical though. I even looked at swapping the 1UZ-FE heads to have the exhausts exiting in the valley, but the throttle bodies would have clashed with the tub. Then the blower came along.

Back