Vintage Wheels 17 inch BRM delay

The new 17 inch BRM from Vintage Wheels will only be available at the end of August ,this is 3 months later than anticipated ,sorry for the the delay due to longer than expected development phase.
We know many RCR customers are affected by this delay and we will be drop shipping the first batch of wheels to Fran as soon as possible.
Bob Lacey www.vintagewheelsus.com

For those that have not seen Vintage Wheels up close, they are beautiful. The powder coating is second to none and the service it top notch.

Yes I'm a happy customer. :pepper:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
How wide are the rears? I guess worst case will be some welding like the 15's Bill. I think for 335's you need 12"

Sandy

Scott McDill

Supporter
Update on wheel delay?

"Wheels will only be available at the end of August"
" We know many RCR customers are affected by this delay and we will be drop shipping the first batch of wheels to Fran as soon as possible."

OK, the end of august has come and gone. I am one of those RCR customers. How much longer can I expect to be affected by this delay?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I speak with Bob at least twice a week and ask the same question......

he assures me that they are on their way......Bob will be drop shipping , by air freight,the first batch directly to Detroit from the manufacturer.....

Re: Vintage Wheels 17 inch BRM pictures

Hi Alex and all RF customers
Here is pic of the front 17 x 8 machined awaiting powder coat ,rear pics to follow in day or two .We are very close to shipping the wheels to Fran now,sorry for the further delay.
Bob Vintage Wheels

Attachments

• MVC-206F.JPG
    MVC-206F.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,117

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
They look great....well done Bob.....and thanks for fighting the good fight..!!!!

But Mr Lacey....I am sure you mean RCR customers dont you.....hehehe

Last edited:

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Sir Fran eh? Now I know why this picture seemed familiar. Must have been before the ceremony :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,085

Scott McDill

Supporter
Hi bob,

Very much worth the wait! I like the proportions of these wheels. Other attempts to create 17" BRMs resulted in thick rims, or long thin center "spokes" that just don't look quite right. Yours have a nice balance between the two. Looks like 15s on steroids. Thank you for the hard work. More pictures would be apriciated.

Sir REVILO

CURRENTLY BANNED
gt40fran said:
I speak with Bob at least twice a week and ask the same question......

he assures me that they are on their way......, .....

daju vu

Last edited:

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi John,

Re: Deja Vu - Yes you're right, they are being made in South Africa, but in this case I know that I can drive over to Fran's and pick up a set of 17" Halibrands or 15" BRMs at anytime if I get tired of waiting.

Regards,

Al

Sir REVILO

CURRENTLY BANNED
Who's john?

True! you can drive to Fran's..But not in your GT40:eek: I will call Oliver and maybe he will give you a ride up in his GT.. Oh wait...No room for rims. Oh Gee's now what!.

Revilo

Sir REVILO

CURRENTLY BANNED
You guys must have me confused.:shrug: Looks like Fran monitors all the sites to see if this Bobowski/oliver the great post slightly crude but true statments. I'm sure OLI will be good If Ron ever lets him back on the forum. But from what Oliver tells me he is banned for life. Being President of his fan club, I chat with him often and it seems that he had a revilation. He attends church 3 times a week and prays for the poor souls that have to struggle with there build and dream one day of actually having wheels to put on ther Gt40.:p:

Sir REVILO

Last edited:
Back