930? on ebay

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
This is newly listed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260016744545&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:MT:1

Not a very good photo. I'm not sure that the tranny shown actually is a 930. I could be wrong but I wouldn't want any GT40 guys to get caught out if it was not the turbo box.

IMHO potential buyers should verify that it is indeed a 930 they are bidding on. More photos, serial numbers etc. for clarification.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with Porshce trannys could comment.

Cheers

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I think those photos confirm it's a differemt beast. Look at the radial ribbing around the output shaft and the horizontal ribbing on the gearset housing. Buyer beware!

Cheers

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
You're looking at a 4 speed from a 1979 turbo 911 - it is correct for that year. The later 4 speed from '86 onwards did have some improvements to address the higher output of the later turbos - and that's what you might be seeing in the comparison photo. I wouldn't be concerned about authenticity of this transaxle.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oh well, wrong again.

Thanks Cliff, we don't see much of this exotic stuff in NZ and it didn't gel with everthing I'd read and pictures I'd seen. Can't beat first hand knowledge! Just thought I'd raise the issue in case someone was going to get stung. Only $1000 reserve too.

Cheers

930 transaxle

Thats a pretty good price for that gearbox, if its in good shape. Just the clutch disc and pressure plate here in the states can run about $600. I would bet it doesen't last long.
Cheers
Phil

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Definitly worth getting the serial numbers. I have seen a few 930 boxes and none have the fine case ribs like the pic, but I have only likely seen some of the later ones. Attached is my gearbox, and all that I have seen look like this FWIW.

Sandy

Attachments

• 930PHII.jpg
    930PHII.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 346
  • 930PHIIO.jpg
    930PHIIO.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 338
Back