Registry/Member Rides - Compelte

Ron Earp

Admin
The Member Rides section is up and running, as some of you have already found out. All you need to be is logged in and go to your User CP. Once there, click on My Car and type in information and upload photos. There are still a few minor details to clean up, but it seems to be working pretty well!

This link goes to the Member Rides:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rides.php?do=main

And this link goes to another page on the Member Ride section that has some details of putting in your car:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?p=166168#post166168

Enjoy!
Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Steve, yes, right now you are only allowed one car. That will change, but, as mentioned in one of the threads about it, we need to see how server load gets affected. Lots of pictures, and we hope lots of cars, means lots of downloads. The picture size is not limited to 640x480, so you can put a good amount of detail there.

So far we've got about 10 cars in the garage, not too bad for the short time it has been up. Hope to see many more in there, many more.

Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, thanks again for this wonderful contribution to the forum.

I have one selfish request of the members, and that is to post decently large photos of your cars. This is one area where you CAN post larger photos than 640x480, and I find them really useful to examine details and to see how others have resolved certain details on their cars. Nice thing is that it’s easy to go back and replace a small image with a larger one, or to update various details over time. I also like the fact that the “completed” date can be decades into the future. After all, how many of these cars are ever really “completed” as opposed to on-going running “development projects”. :D

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron -

The forum is really coming along, with all the new features it is really starting to shine.

Thanks for keeping the cool things coming, links page is great new feature as well, not to mention the excellent collection of cars that are starting to pop on the members rides.

Thanks for making it a valuable experience (Just need spell check on the editor...)

Sandy

Members Rides

Um, just wondering, and speaking of wives, as I don't own a GT40, would it be totally innapropriate to put up a couple of photo's of my wife as she is technically, my, ahem, ride?

Just kidding. No need to answer that. The members rides section is a very cool feature though, hurry up lucky bastard GT40 owners and get some more profiles up.

Cheers

Jack

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for the compliments, you fellows keep putting cars up!

Jack, it doesn't have to be a GT40 you know - I've got a Lola up, but, considered putting up my truck - I'm a member and it is my ride. So put up whatever you'd like!

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Pete,

Who has more than one car up? You can put as many pictures as you like up, and naturally they don't have to be of the same car.

Ron

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
So far no one has put more than one car up. What I meant was some of us own several different cars and do you mind if someone posts more than one car or would you prefer to restrict it to GT40's only?

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Pete,

Right now the software only allows "one car", although that one car is not limited to pictures. If you want to put more pictures in your area of other cars that is fine, and they don't have to be GT40s. Be my guest, put up what you like in your area of the garage.

Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron Earp said:
You can put as many pictures as you like up, and naturally they don't have to be of the same car.
Ron

Ron, by "as many as you like" do you mean six? I can't see how to upload any more than six. Of course a limit is probably a good idea, otherwise I'd upload tons! (OK, perhaps only just a few more...)

Back