need picture of assembled flywheel/pressure plate/ring gear for G50 transaxle

I think that i received the wrong pressure plate in the package I ordered as nothing seems to bolt up correctly - so if anyone has a picture of one bolted to the engine prior to transaxle assembly it would greatly help me to identify the mis-matched part(s)

thanks guys -

dave

Dave

Not sure what your problem is. I have to assume the flywheel bolts to the crank flange no issue. The ring gear fit the flywheel as it should. The Pressure Plate mount holes do not line up.

Big suprise, system integration, never works correctly on custom installs and bolt together.

Send me a message with your cell I will be happy to look at your stuff. I think you are local in palo alto or close.

Based on past experience it is always drill to fit then dowel. Then balance as required, Not a big deal.
welding may be helpful to fill holes...hopefully not!
best
tony...

Dave,
Did you get your setup from Kennedy? If so it should go together without a hitch. Mine came for a standard 351. When I saw the drilled out sections I knew I had the wrong one. Notified Kennedy that I required the ballanced version. They swaped it out right away at no cost. Contact them if it came from them.

Bill

Hi guys,

thanks for the inputs,

Tony, - I'm way up in the Santa Rosa area and that's quite a ways from Santa Clara - but thanks for the offer.

Bill, no I did not get it all from kennedy - the flywheel came direct from DRB. Ring gear from porsche dealership (wow was that expensive!), pressure plate (turbo model) came from a vendor (Sachs - sp?).

at this point I'm not sure if i'm even assembling this $#@! thing correctly at all - -

flywheel correct for 289/302 ford - it bolts to crank and has been balanced by my machine shop.

Problem is that the ring gear appears to "float" on the flywheel. there is a small lip on the flywheel that holds the ring gear but there is ~ 40 thou of radial motion = way too much to balance.

then the pressure plate mounts to that - - i assume, but this looks wrong as I dont think the starter can mate to it. if I assume the ring gear goes on the back of the pressure plate (never seen one like that - but don't knwo crap about porsches) nothing seems to self "locate" and everything moves.

at this point i don't know if i got the wrong ring gear/pressure plate or I'm being just plain dumb and can see the forrest for the trees.

anyway - a picture would be worth while for me now.

dave

Dave

I have to admit it is very unclear on what the ring gear install is. With this amount of clearance I do not see how the starter motor will sping the crank via the ring gear.

I guess I would think about welding the ring gear to the flywheel and call it a day! Then rebalance.

I have to assume the pressure plate bolts up to the flywheel. You might go to the library and get a look at a porsche service manual. I'm sure the pictures will be in the book or go to the dealer and ask to talk with a mechanic about the config.

Santa Rosa should be hot today. I'm off to halfmoon bay myself!

best

Maybe this helps?

Here is a picture of the clutch/ flywheel assembled. Does it help?

Attachments

• 116-1615_IMG.JPG
    116-1615_IMG.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 523
LEE - YOU ARE A GODSEND!!

thanks for the picture - it appears that my pressure plate is, indeed, wrong as it does not set down into the little raised lip on the flywheel - it slides around on top! So, that's my problem - - - -

Thanks a million!!

now - to find out just what pressure plate they sent me!!!

dave

Back