Chassis coatings

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Due to popular demand we have decided to offer a rubberized coating option for the chassis underside.....

We feel doing this at he factory prior to the roller packages being assembled and shipped will help with the cusomters build process,. .

The coating is applied to a heavily scuffed chassis once the surface has been treated with a 24 hour surface etch/primer and then a 1 hour adhesive treatment....

Four gallons of the rubberised coating is then applied and left to cure for 24 hours ...... and gives 1/8th-3/16th thick coverage

The option cost for this process is $750 usd.

Attachments

• DSCF0798 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0798 (Small).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 832
  • DSCF0800 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0800 (Small).JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 793
  • DSCF0822 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0822 (Small).JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCF0823 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0823 (Small).JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 801
  • DSCF0824 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0824 (Small).JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 810
Last edited:

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Fran,

One has to get up pretty early in the morning to get anything past you; doesn't he? It is really cool how you keep adding things that make your cars easier to build.

I got a good look at Ron's Lola chassis this past weekend. We may have to talk about your billet bearing spacers/caliper mounts, as well as, the hats and rotors. I like your set up a lot better that stock 'Vette to get good clamping force on the rears and with being able to get the bleeders on top. I had some fitment issues with the stock calipers, so I had to swap them side-to-side and put them on back of the rotors, which also put the bleeders on the bottom. With your system it appears I can do it either way OR both and still have everything the right way round.

I still want to fly up and see your (new) place!

Regards,
Lynn

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Colors?

Fran, is this SpeedLiner available only in the color shown, or would a prospective buyer be able to pick from a number of colors?

Doug

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Colour is not a problem but I WILL be limiting it to very simple range as I dont want someone ordering "hot pink" and it being the wrong shade of "hot".......if you know what I mean

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Doug,

Several colors are available; Fran rattled off probably six before he caught his breath.

I asked Fran to suggest a color - and the one you see above is what he recommended. Over time, the patina of the aluminum chassis will look sharp against this shade of grey (not to mention how well, of course, this shade matches the ever more prevalent color of what little hair I have left).

FYI, forum members in the Northwest. This piece of artwork is headed our way... Santa is paying an early visit to Arlington this year!

T.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You must have been a very good boy, T.!!

Congratulations, and please post pictures as you proceed with the build--you probably know how many of us are drooling for an RCR, but for now this drooler must live vicariously through those who have been very good boys!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You must have been a very good boy, T.!!

Congratulations, and please post pictures as you proceed with the build--you probably know how many of us are drooling for an RCR, but for now this drooler must live vicariously through those who have been very good boys!

Doug

Back