drive shafts and cv joints

just assembling them and the manual says very little.

I assume (usually not a wise thing) that the adaptor plate fits on the gear box side.

the bolts then need to be seated below the grove in the plate to allow the cv joint to sit within . there were no bolts supplied so any idea on the type used and their dimensions, they are m10 but all the ones I can find with allen key type heads are too large to fit the pre driled holes except for those with the cv joint kit ,but they are to high in their seating and the thread is too long!! Might have to use my 4and1/2 inch high speed lathe

the cv joints themselves have one flat side and one lipped side should one side face a particular way??

finally has any one used the engine mounts from summit racing (pbt-6-503-bl)
as the look like a replace ment .Mine were so deformed they put the gear box 1/4 inch out and it was hitting the lt rear chasis even with a little hole slotting .

must learn to post some pictures to let you all see #118s progress,nearly ready for paint

Hew-

Do these help? I assume you have the Audi gearbox? The inner bolts and the outer bolts are different - one is fine thread and one is coarse. You can see I drilled them for safety wire but have not yet installed them. Do you need lengths on the bolts?

Attachments

• DSC06960.JPG
    DSC06960.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 625
thanks.
I have the audi A 8 box and the fitting is similar .The only difference is an adaptor plate which doesnt appear in your photos. The adaptor plate fits between the box and cv joint .The bolts that hold this on are the ones that are giving me grief.
the photos are good and helpful

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Huw

Here is a shot that I think you need.

Regards

Bill

Attachments

• 6 Speed RH Gear Change8 small.jpg
    6 Speed RH Gear Change8 small.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 574

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
1 more

Here is another shot of an RF 6 speed

Cheers

Bill

Attachments

• DSCF0246small.jpg
    DSCF0246small.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 578
spot on!

my bolts are off to the lathe.

have just got to sort a gearbox clearance issue with the left chasis rail ,looking at you photo its a matter of 3-4mm,currently mine makes contact.

thank you for the photo.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
a few more for you

How are these Huw?

Attachments

• 6 Speed RH Gear Change4 small.JPG
    6 Speed RH Gear Change4 small.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 484
  • 6 Speed RH Gear Change6 small.jpg
    6 Speed RH Gear Change6 small.jpg