lurking no more

I have enjoyed reading the posts on this forum for a couple of years now and I have finally decided to register. I hope to support and contribute to this website that is so valuable to everyone who has a interest in vintage GT 40's. I am pumped up with renewed energy after reading a few of the CAV posts. I am the owner of 036 mono cav wide hip RBT ZF 347 with webers. I lost interest about a year and a half ago after being stumped by the inability to adjust the toe in and centering the wheel in the opening plus the lower /control arm/ trailing arm issues. To my surprise that issue has some solutions and there is hope. I also had some shifter issues that I am close to resolving now. My day job is a retail home furniture store. I am a SAAC Shelby concours judge and enjoy restoring those cars to original as well as to vintage racing condition. I try to help others when ever I can in that regard. I know all year Shelby GT350 and 500 like the back of my hand, not so on the GT 40's. I have been collecting Shelby influenced cars (Ford powered only) for over 25 years now. Besides the GT350's and 500's I also have a pantera,tiger and Cobras, MKII 2000 series ,csx 4000 series and Autokrafter. It has been getting a little too much for me since I am my own crew. I really got a nice surprise while sitting at home recouping from knee surgury for a sports injury. This forum is the best.The enthusiasum on this forum is very contagious and just the thing I needed to recharge my batteries. Thanks for the recharge. Bob Gaines

Hi Bob,

I am sure I speak for all the CAV owners and say welcome to GT40s.com !! A lot of CAV information is available here and moreover everyone on this site is very active with sharing upgrade, maintenance, and repair information. I also hope you are considering adding your name to the CAV registry. Ask for whatever information you need and someone will have the answer. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Bob, I share your interest in Shelby's. I can only afford clones but I do have a nice Kirkham with a 65 427so, the CAV, a 66 gt350 mustang and a very nice 67 mustang restomod. I may need to pick your brain some in the future. The CAV susp problems have been largely worked out by me,with help from this site

Back