Quaife Transaxle

I have a Quaife 6 speed sequential transaxle together with cable shifter and gear indicator light + concentric chutch release. This is the MkII heavy duty transaxle said to be good for 600hp.

The gears are straight cut dog engagement. For that reason it will be noisy on the road but still useable. On the track it will be fantastic! Is there such a thing as a quiet V8?

This is a great GT40 box as the front face is the same as a ZF box and therefore bellhousings are easy. outward appearance is similar to ZF.

I bought this transaxle for a GT car but have a more suitable transaxle.

The history of this box is that it was bought for a bizzzare lotus esprit drag car. After a single meeting it was discovered that the gearing was all wrong and it was removed. Stored for 2 years by that owner then sold to me- stored for 2 more years - full of oil. Basically I believe that it is unused. It cost £14,000 new!

I am open to sensible offers.

transaxle

John,

I just bought a Porsche cup car box, too bad. 6 months ago I might have jumped at this. What did you end up using instead?

Tom

I have gone for a Hewland. Mainly because I wanted to hang all the suspension off the transmission. My toy has a Maserati V8 which knocks out 375bhp with a cat and unleaded fuel. I needed a strong transmission. The quaife seamed like a good idea at the time. The reason I have placed it for sale here is that I think that it is perfect for a GT40/Ultima or such like. If I can't sell it I might have to keep it for the next project!

Hi Johncrosfill,

I currently own a 914 w/520HP Dart SBC/ZF tansaxle. In the past I have battled with the shift mechanism on the ZF.
I am ready to purchase an Ultima kit and would like to use a sequential shifting box for the new car. Can you tell me a little more about the box you have. Maybe send some photos? I am not too concerned about adaptability just would like to know the max input torque, wieght, and what options or additional equipment might be required if I plan to use your box.

Thanks, Chris Julian

Please e-mail photos to [email protected]

Back