best way to mate my g50 to the 331 engine

hey guys i just purchased a g50 and plan on mating it to my 331 stroker engine. i will be running close to 500hp. the engine will have a small 6psi hairdryer as well.all suggestion appreciated
thanks rockonsmile

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Kennedy Engineering has them I think. You might also post on the parts wanted section someone might have them as well.

Sandy

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
For my money Kennedy makes he nicest stuff out there. With that much torque (assuming it will in the high 400 ft.lbs) You may want to talk with them about the clutch. You might want to look Patricks CenterForce offering. You also might want to serisously consider an oil cooler, at least. I would also recommend having the return from the cooler spray on to the ring and pinion, again, at least.

Shock loading the box with that much power is what will break it! Make a promise to yourself that dumping the clutch is off limits and you should enjoy you car for years to come. You may want to consider Redline Shockproof gear oil as well. If you are using a clutch type LSD (stock type) add just enough Redline LSD additive to stop clutch chatter. GM's addititve is also well thought of.

Lynn

thanks lynn,
any suggestion on where to look to purchase the oil cooler. i dont intend to beat her, but im building it to drive. all go and a little show.
thanks againrockonsmile
john

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
John,

I got mine off of eBy, they were NASCAR parts. I will flush it thoroughly before it is put into use. If you do a search here on transaxle and pump, you should be able to find some discussions on setting up a cooler and/or spray system. We found several brands of pumps that all appeared to be identical. There was quite a range of prices as well.

You can't go wrong with MOCAL. I got mine (engine oil cooler) from:

British American Transfer

BAT is located in Sarasota, FL and you can usually find some pretty cool and unusual stuff there. There are a number of other vendors who also carry MOCAL.

Regards,
Lynn

Back