Just picked up chassis #RF146

Hi Guys
I ordered rolling chassis/body kit RF#146 in Feb this year & you guessed it...I got caught up in the stuff that hit the fan at RF.
The receivers contacted me & wanted to sell me MY F.....G chassis. Anyway after some months of negotiation I paid a small amount and was able to pick up the unpainted chassis from the yard of an auction house in Melbourne.
The new guys at RF were most helpful in all this and suppied me some goodies including the alluminium panel kit.
They are working real hard to rebirth the RF business & I wish them great success. Actually these guys are serious auto engineers and do some trick stuff for some of the big OEM'S here in OZ. There will be delays on some things as they are busy redesigning and retooling a lot of the special bits and sourcing new suppliers.
Anyway at least I can be thankful that I managed to get something out of this mess and commiserations to those that lost in a bigger way.

I would be happy to hear from anybody that is building a GT40 with the 4.6 Quad cam configeration, I especially need to see pics of the panels in the engine bay.
Stan

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi Stan
Sorry I can't help as I have the old 302 layout but there must be a few people that can help. You are at the start of a long and enjoyable journey. Remember when you get frustrated with something, stop and give yourself time to think. I found that this allowed me to come up with a solution nearly every time I got stuck. Glad to hear you didn't lose all your money. I was up with Paul and Owen last week and as you say they will need time but they are doing things the right way, cad drawings, parts, pricing and inventory. I saw their new alloy front uprights, very nice. I'll have to have them, help to reduce unsprung weight. I met Bobowski there too, down from Sydney.
Ross

Hey Stan,
Where abouts are you in Oz? I have HEAPS of photos of my car being built. pm me.

G'Day Ross,
Heard you were coming over to RF... I wish I was there, would like to see your setup. Didn't see the uprights but I agreed, I will have to have them.
Cheers, Stan

Back