GT40 Gauges for Sale

Ron Earp

Admin
I've got a brand new set of Classic Instruments gauges and senders for sale. These will work great on a GT40 and they are the same thing that RCR uses for their cars. They have a 200mph speedometer, 8000 RPM tach, two fuel gauges, oil pressure, water temp, and voltage. White letter on black faces, nice classic look that I enjoy.

Inside the box are all fittings to hook up senders to the engine, Ford style. Two fuel floats and flanges with all screws and mounting hardware included. New set lists for about $600+ complete. Make me a decent offer on them and I'll send them out UPS.

Gauges look nice, but I went all mechanical for everything and decided not to use these. You can check out the manufactuer here:

http://www.classicinstruments.com/

But I don't think this "package" is listed as I think RCR has them done up special for the look and the two fuel gauges.

Thanks!

Ron

Attachments

• 100_1344.JPG
    100_1344.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 903
  • 100_1345.JPG
    100_1345.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 899
  • 100_1346.JPG
    100_1346.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 886

Ron Earp

Admin
Yes, same. Standard gauge sizes, 2 1/16 for the smaller, and larger are I think 3 3/8s if I remember right.

Gauges

Ron, don't know where your gauges for sale thread went, but the standard Smiths instruments are 52 mm, (about 2 1/16") and 100mm, (which is just shy of 4"). I've already punched my dash and I'd guess that the 3 3/8" speedo and tach will fall thru the holes.......

Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: Gauges

I pulled it so I could measure. Then I forgot my gauges at work, so, once I measure them I'll put the dimensions up. I imagine that they are the same size you are looking for. The dashes to my knowledge are all the same.

Ron

Thanks Ron, but the mechanical speedo I have is definately bigger, requires a 4" hole in the dash and the bezel comes in at 4 1/4". When I was at ERA in August, I noticed that they had GTs with different sized speedos right next to each other. SW vs Smiths gauges......

Now If I had not gone and sawed those big holes..........
Brian

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Better Late Than Never

To whoever bought these gauges from Ron; I have all Classic Instruments gauges and I am quite happy with them.

Regards,
Lynn

Charlie M

Supporter
Ron,

Is there a Classic Instruments part number on the box. I may want a set of these myself. (not quick enough to get this set).

Charlie

Charlie

I'd bet Fran had these sets packaged custom for RCR.
Might want to call him and ask.
You could always order gages individually direct from Classic's website...
but Fran may save you the trouble for the same price....worth a try.

MikeD

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Jonathan -

Look at them carefully. For the most of them they are backwards reading (i.e. Full Fuel ls on the LEFT and Empty on the RIGHT)! I saw them a while ago as liked them until I saw that feature :)

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Fran was in fact the person who told me to look again at the gauges, and that they travel in reverse!

I could use the 10k tach :)

Sandy

Charlie,

I have them in stock with Ford or Chevy senders and with stainless or black bezels...these are the gauges that come with RCR kits

regards

Fran

Back