crossbread newbie

crossbred newbie

Hello all, been lurking here for a while and have decided to sign up for the tech stuff. Although I have to confess I'm a mopar guy at heart, but enjoy all auto related topics. I've since sold my old mopar (they are getting silly with the prices of those old musclecars) so with idle hands I've decided to build a car from the ground up. Unfortunatly I picked up a rather weathered shell a ummm well I confess it's one of those avenger gt (like a redheaded stepchild I know! of the gt40 family). At this stage I'm still picking up parts and info on this project, I have my chassis table ready and a fully equiped shop. I've started on a backbone chassis structure and keeping my mopar roots I picked up and plan to power it with a 5.7hemi. Anyhow I'll see if I can fit in here and offer up any advice (my background is a welding engineering technologist) if that helps, cheers. Whoops just noticed my title is spelled funny!

Last edited:

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Garrett- I think you are starting a project that will be very satisfying. Because it is a unique one, direct help from the forum may be limited but even so this is the place to be for info, help, ingenuity and motivation. Welcome aboard.
Ross

G'day Garrett,
I'm a newbie myself. This sounds like a great project, be sure to post some pics up.

Cheers,
Danny

Keith

Re: crossbred newbie

cudabeen said:
keeping my mopar roots I picked up and plan to power it with a 5.7hemi.

A 5.7 (litre?) Mopar hemi? I am not familiar with this motor. Is this a late model Mopar lump?:confused: This sounds suspiciously like a Chebbie size!

My only dealings with Mopar Hemi motors was with the most excellent 426 c.i. version which would be a trifle overkill in your Fibrefab Avenger :eek:

Keith, the5.7 and 6.1 are the relatively new offerings by chrysler. The 5.7 was introduced as the hemi in 03 in the trucks. In fact mopar performance just came out with the crate version of the "392 hemi" rated at 540hp. All of these engines have quite impressive hemi style heads, real air movers. The weak link with my project is going to be the audi tranny (what a puny input shaft!). I'll see if I can get some pictures up soon. Thanks guys

Back