Ford Logo Stuff

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
If you've ever wondered where you could get some Ford logo lug nuts, valve stem caps or wheel center stickers, click the pic below and you will get a listing of these type items from Brazil. Why Brazil? Who knows, but it seems that most of this stuff come out of Sao Paulo, which is a huge industrial city. From experience, this is not the place to vacation.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Lynn, Brazil because production and sale of items like these violate US and European copyright laws and Brazil has a backward enough legal system that prosecution there is all but impossible. If you've been to Sao Paulo then you know this is a pretty industrial (and poor) place so these items are logically made there at decent margins when sold to North America and Europe.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Cliff,

I am sure you are quite right about the copyright thing; especially, with Ford.

I have been there several times with IBM. Every summer (ours) we used to do a two week swing through Sao Paolo, Buenes Aires and Santiago to train IBM business partners. They wanted us to go to Bogata, but everyone, to a person, refused to go there. I liked Santiago the best: good buys on jewelry and in most areas, you couldn't tell you weren't in the US. Except for one thing: full size cars and pickups were a rarity and were kept like a Rolls or Bently would be kept here, especially the pickups.

Buenes Aires had some very nice areas, but the economy had just tanked the first year we were there and we were feeling a little uncomfortable. Although, when we talked later to the local IBMers, they told us that kidnappers weren't actually targeting anybody; they'd just grab whoever was convenient to get some cash to feed their kids or their habits. Sao Paolo, like you say, is, to a large extent, a dump. Although it did seem that maintenance was not a big thing in South America; not nearly as big as graffiti anyway. The best thing about Sao Paolo is the Fogo de Châo. It is so much better than their churrascarias in Dallas and Atlanta and you can eat like a king for $20.

Regards,
Lynn

Back