Vintage race at VIR

Caught some of the practice laps at VIR today and shot some pictures in the paddock. I am late to the seen and have much to learn, so I would love some help identifying some of these. The first few I will tell a bit about, but please correct me if I am wrong:

I wouldn't have a clue what a T70 is without this site, but I knew it immediately. Even the wife loves the design... perhaps the I should consider a 70 over a 40?

Then we have a Porsche 908 that is rumored to have been a third place finisher at LeMans.

The Benetton F1 car is the 1994 car that Schumacher won the world championships in. It is unbelievably fast, going around everything else like it was standing still. And having never seen an F1 car in person, it was quite an experience.

Can anybody help with the remaining cars? I shot some video, and I hope to have it up soon.

Attachments

• T70-25.jpg
    T70-25.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 884
  • 908-25.jpg
    908-25.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 902
  • 94F1-25.jpg
    94F1-25.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 896
  • VIR3-25.jpg
    VIR3-25.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 871
  • VIR1-25.jpg
    VIR1-25.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 899
  • VIR2-25.jpg
    VIR2-25.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 885
Oops, looks like I should have put this in the Racetrack section. And the #59 car in seen in the thread "Lola T70 at Road America"...

Wow! That's a type of event you don't see much of in Tasmania...

Beautiful track and great video!
Thank's for sharing it. :)

Tim.

Ron Earp

Admin
What kind of times are they turning? That is our home track and the one we run the 13 Hour Enduro on that Malcolm and many others are coming over from England to run with us this year. It is a wonderful track and has the best facilities of any place I've been to in the SE.

Ron

Ron Earp said:
What kind of times are they turning? That is our home track and the one we run the 13 Hour Enduro on that Malcolm and many others are coming over from England to run with us this year. It is a wonderful track and has the best facilities of any place I've been to in the SE.

Ron

Ron, when are they coming over ??
If it is that good I might be tempted to make way for another hoilday :D

We are catching a flight in the morning to Myrtle beach for a week.
Turns out it is bike week - not planned that way but a bonus for us :)
Just a shame I couldn't find anything car related on within theweek we're out there.

Cheers,
John.

Ron Earp said:

Ron

Ron,

I know my buddies running Austin Healey Sprites were turning 2:35 ish, but the '94 Benetton was lapping at 1:35 in traffic! When is the Enduro? Would love to get down if I can. I am only an hour and a bit N in Lynchburg.

-J.

Here is a link to the schedule.

http://svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/attachmentweb/EJEN-6JXQQP/$file/Race+Schedule+-+The+MotorCheck+Formula+Car+Festival.pdf?OpenElement

The Orange and white car is a Mclaren , driven very fast by Dave Handy.

John should enjoy the bike week activities. Took my daughter and a friend up there for graduation several years ago. Never seen so many bikers and beauiful bikes(mostly Harley's). One was a V-8 setup. WOW! They close off many of the beach side streets and make them one way. I have a time share there at The Yatchsman. They cruse all day and all night. The following week after bike week is "Black Biker Week" where the boys of color show up with their Zoom-Zoom bikes, and girls with thongs on the back. A real treat.

Johan, didn't know they were up at Road Atlanta. Is it a club event or one of the Walter Mitty series? Would like to make it up there but have committed to work on the Gt 40 Road Car. Will try to make the 13 hr. event. Anyone from the Atlanta area interested in going?

Bill

Last edited:
Back