Lurking no longer.

I am nervously typing this intro after enjoying this site for a while now. I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a CAV GT chassis # 125. It will have a wide body with engine/trans and color to be determined. Anyone in the Las Vegas area with a 40 in build or complete please message me. I will be contacting the CAV registry next. This is my first build and I must admit to being intimidated by the stunning work I see at this site by other owners. I am no fabricator but enjoyed building and maintaining race cars (small formula cars) in the past and hope to use the expertise at this site to muddle my way thru.

Car should be delivered in January in time for my b'day (I hope!). I've dreamed of owning a GT40 for 30 years and am anxiously awaiting delivery. Any and all advice is welcome.

Bruce Benson
las Vegas

P.S. I am new at posting and using this wonderful site so please excuse any faux pas I inadvertently make.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the family, Bruce. Not just this worldwide 'support-group' for fanatics of all things GT40 related, but to that smaller fraternity of those terrified with getting into their first build. Intimidated really isn't the word, no, scary is more what you are thinking, right? :)

From where I sit, you should have no trouble at all in attracting help while you're in the middle of the build... Las Vegas and a fellow GT builder in need of help... sounds like a weekend trip to me! It may cost you a beer or twelve, but then you probably expected that anyway.

As you know there's a good number of CAV owners here, and I know if you reach out to them, they'll not leave you hanging. Be sure to check out the CAV registry so you'll know who's who.

And early happy birthday wishes! Since you brought up the topic of birthdays in your initial post, mine is coming up (I couldn't help but notice that you sure know how to buy great gifts).

Looking forward to seeing your build thread.

Best,

T.

Back