• 016 Slave cylinder.JPG
    016 Slave cylinder.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
Hey Mike
You back on the DRB build?
I had the same problem, I just cut the metal crimp of the existing fitting
,removed the rubber hose, cut the hose barb off ,drilled a hole in the fitting
to suit a 10x1 tap and then you have nice adapter, Worked well. If you need pics let me know.

Any good hydraulics shop can help.

I ended up using a Speed Flow adaptor to change thread, then -3 braided hose and nickel plated hose ends. All are readily available.

Try Enzed, Tyco, Earls, Speedflow, etc.

Ron Earp

Admin
Good question, let's keep this up here and find one. I don't even have an old one I can use to make my own hose.

Ron

Though I haven't looked at the slave I have (inverted flare or bubble flare?), but you might check the Earl's (Holley) catalog: Holley Performance Brake System Adapters Products . Try one of these two: 592042ERL, -4 x M10x1.0mm inverted flare, or 592045ERL, -4 x M10x1.25inverted flare.

You could also disassemble the slave and drilll and tap it to 1/8-27NPT. From there, you can adapt anything.

Andy

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Folks,

Along the somewhat the same lines, does anyone know the P/N for an 01E slave cylinder (Audi or aftermarket)? The local Audi dealer has been less than helpful (claims they can't look it up without the source vehicle). Any chance it is the same as the 016 slave? (at least I know what US vehicles they came in)

Sorry for the hopefully short hijack...

Thanks & Regards,

Al

I don't see any reason why the local Audi dealer can't find a part number. Try another dealer, or check a VW dealer for a 6 speed 4Motion application, '98 to about '03. Same for an Audi application; '97-'04 Quattro 6 speed. I believe all 01E's use the same slave; it's the plastic one with that funny quick disconnect fitting. The problem with it that I'm aware of is that unless you spend $100+ on an Audi/VW hose assembly, there's no standard quick disconnect that will work to adapt to it (anyone?).

I'm using Audi P/N 4A0721261, which is not an 01E part (I need to verify that part number just to be sure). It has an aluminum body with the same anchor position as an 01E and the same fitting size as the 016 slave cylinder. It fits the 01E. I belive its' application is an Audi 80/90. It does have a very slightly smaller diameter piston that the 01E slave. I chose it because it will be easier to adapt the hydraulic line (also lends itself to modification, if necessay).

Andys

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Believe I used a -4AN x M10x1.25 inverted flare. I'll double check. Was a PITA to find at the time.

Thanks guys.
I don't want to drill/re-tap since that makes a mess and can't be sure
I got all the old filings out without dismantling the cylinder.
I'd much rather buy a $ 10 fitting...which I assume exists.

Yeah Dave...finally back to work on the DRB....things will pick up
pretty fast now that yard work is pretty much done for the year.
Pre-made braided AN hoses are SO cheap ($ 10-15)...that I can't
pass them up. I just need to find the correct adapter or combination
of fittings, which so far has eluded me.

Heck I haven't identified what thread size I'm dealing with yet.
I never imagined you could get so many different pitches on a 12 mm fitting !
(All 3 of my 016 cylinders are 12mm thread).

MikeD

Last edited:
I checked the slave cylinder I have, and the fitting requires an M12x1.0 thread and concave end (inverted flare). I checked Goodridge, and they catalog a -3 jic to M12x1.0, P/N 306-03-M121, or a -4 jic to M12x1.0 P/N 306-04-M121. As it turns out, this was not an easy fitting to find in the usual sources.
GOODRIDGE USA | Motorsport

Andy

I checked the slave cylinder I have, and the fitting requires an M12x1.0 thread and concave end (inverted flare). I checked Goodridge, and they catalog a -3 jic to M12x1.0, P/N 306-03-M121, or a -4 jic to M12x1.0 P/N 306-04-M121. As it turns out, this was not an easy fitting to find in the usual sources.
GOODRIDGE USA | Motorsport

Andy

Thanks for that, Andy. I think I'm going to order one of those for my RF. The RF build manual stated that 1/4" hard lines (-4) are used for the clutch because, unlike the brake lines, a fair amount of fluid is displaced to engage the clutch. Accordingly, my car is plumbed with 1/4" hard lines. But the flex hose adapter that RF supplied to go from the hard lines to the clutch is -3.

???

Just because I'm anal about such things, I'd prefer my flex line to be -4.

Thanks again Andy.
I never looked at Goodridge's catalog...man what a list !
If you can't find the fitting there...it doesn't exist!

MikeD

Sorry for that double post.

Keep in mind, that this would likely be the adapter for the slave cylinder that I have, which may or may not have the same fitting requirement as the 016 (though it probably is). I would have prefered to use the standard 01E slave, but couldn't locate the quick disconnect fitiing.

Mark, did you check out their pre-made hose section?

Yeah, Goodrgidge has about as complete a catalog as you'll find anywhere. In the Motorsports section; did you guys check out the fuel filler caps??

Andy

I'm using the 306-03-M121 Male JIC adapter on my slave and it keeps leaking slightly. Are you guys using anything to seal the metric end (I know not to use anything on the -AN end)?

-Ben

Back