C4 Corvette brake Calipers

Hey Guys
Can any one help me out with a set of C4 Corvette front brake Calipers.
Someone in Australia would be great but probably this one
is for the US Boys?

Mate,

I just ordered an installed one from Autozone here in the US of A. They cost about $60 US plus a $32 refundable core charge. They can be ordered online AND shipped to you I'm sure .

Point your browser to AutoZone.com - Get in the Zone! and put in part # C292 for the left rear caliper ( other part numbers for other calipers).

You might as well order brake shoes while you're at it - $15 for a pair!

Good luck!

:pepper:

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
John and Albany,

I bought a set of 4 loaded (semi metalic) calipers from NAPA and, while it has been long enough that I don't remember the exact price, I do recall that they were quite reasonable.

You might want to consider C5 (88-92) rear calipers rather than C4. The park brake is built into the caliper and you don't have to mess with drums and shoes-YEECH. In terms of mounting the C5s on your uprights, all that is needed is a spacer ring for the spacer/caliper mount. The C5 is ~¼" larger than the C5. I have the exact dimensions here somewhere, BUT you might be able to find it here on the forum as this was the subject of discussion more than once. The three bolt mounting pattern is identical as are the dimensions of the short shafts and bearings. There could be one other minor issue depending on where you mount the calipers (forward of or behind the axle.) You may have to make the bleeder port the banjo bolt mount and vice versa to get the bleeders on top. This is the next mod I will do as removing the calipers to bleed them is a major PITA - mine are mounted behind the axle.

BTW, I had 'Vette guys go on and on about only buying US made, Chevrolet bearings. To my surprise, when I bought them from NAPA, they were US made Federal Mogul bearings. I didn't hesitate for a moment to use them (especially when you consider that we are putting ~1/3 less weight on them.)

Regards,
Lynn

Back