Just joined....

Hi, everybody--
I've just discovered the neat GT40 and want to learn everything I can about having one built to my specs or buying a complete car... I'm dreaming of a GT40 with a Chevy 350 or 427, but I'm also years away from having the ability to purchase said car. So right now I'm here to learn and I hope to learn a lot! --Brian

Brian, In the mean time, Use the search function for the threads of interest. Be sure to read all you can on the various topics, particularly on the subjects you know least about. Will save a lot of time with redundant questions.

Bill

Brian,the Chevy powerplant would be more like a nightmare. I suspect you will come around on that issue. There is nothing wrong with chevy it just has no place in gt40's or cobras. chuck

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Brian,

Welcome to the family. They may give you a hard time from time to time but it's (mostly) all tongue in cheek... like your reference to dropping a chevy in to our beloved FORD.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
And one more thing, Brian... :)

I was just messin with you earlier. As Ken Mason so gently pointed out, there are any number of different engine makes underneath the rear window - Chevy, Rover, and I believe recently I read something about a Lexus install.

Bill made an excellent point about using the forum search function. If you haven't done so already, give it a go. You will be amazed at what you will find using the search and at how much has been discussed over the years.

Regards,

T.

Back