New Member from the Midwest

I look forward to being a member here although I do not own a GT40. I do own a 427 Fairlane and do buy sell and trade 427 parts from time to time. Speaking of which, am I allowed to post parts for sale? I see that you must be a forum supporter but not sure exactly what that means.

Ron Earp

Admin
Parts you can post for sale without being a forum supporter, although to list cars you do need to be a supporter. Hope you enjoy the forum!

Ron

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
67goingthing said:
I look forward to being a member here although I do not own a GT40. I do own a 427 Fairlane

First of all, welcome to the forum. Now on to the part that grabbed my attention--you own a Thunderbolt??? That is a close second to the GT40 on my dream list. I drove a K-code 64 Fairlane as a younger man and it was that experience that has propelled me to pursue building a SBF GT40--just LOVE that high winding small block!!!

Did you know Holman-Moody is offering "new" 64 Fairlanes with the 427 FE? They call them "Sports Cars", not Thunderbolts, and I bet they sell for a pretty penny. Here's a link to that website: http://www.holmanmoody.com/gt40/gt40home.htm

I know it says GT40, but once on the website you can navigate to the area where they list their cars for sale. With companies starting to offer replicas of US production cars, like the early Camaro, I'm hoping somebody picks up on the classic lines of the 64 Fairlane and offers a Thunderbolt replica.

Anyway, I'm sure you will find this forum to be an unbelievable source of information regarding not only GT40's, but the field of motorsport in general. I'll look forward to reading your posts!!

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Nice build!! A friend had a '67 Mercury Comet GT with a 390 and C-6 and it ran quite well. I really like the look of the dual scoop hood Ford put on their '66 and '67 427 Fairlanes (although, as you can imagine, I'm particular to the teardrop hoods the 64 T-Bolts had, too).

Having seen your web site, I can assure you that you'll be right at home on this forum. We're all a bunch of GT40-CRAZY gearheads and you speak the right language--FORD. With your love of the FE, you will probably favor the MK II version, which is period correct when outfitted with an FE.

Be seeing you on the forum, Earl!

Doug

Back