simon jude

<P>Hi GT 40 Members just joined our site and thought I should introduce myself -have just taken delivery of a GT40 replica made by GTD that I bought on ebay last week (item 140039264824) the car is really nice and is in Gulf racing colours - just needs a good clean and a recommission and I will be firing it up to the local garage for an MOT - the bonus that came with the car was the new spare engine, still in shrink wrappings. It's a full race 500 BHP Ford small block 302 supplied in 2001 by Andrew Smith of Spax fame. I've contacted him so that I can get the full spec before deciding what to do with the engine as the Ford Cobra engine fitted in the car has only done 12,000 miles and and is pushing out 280 BHP at the back wheels, which might be quite enough for my needs. I'll find out soon enough when I take the GTD for it's MOT.
Anyway thought I'd say hello to you all and look forward to putting something into the site.</P>
<P>many thanks</P>
<P>Simon Jude</P>

Last edited:

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Simon.

You've got to be just besides yourself having the car but being forced to wait to the spring for licensing. I wish I could feel bad for you but yours is at least assembled and ready to go. Lucky guy.

Welcome to the forum. There's a mountain of information in the archives - give the search tool a try before you post a question because most likely what you're looking for has been discussed at length in the past. On the other hand, if you're looking for input, this group makes up a very deep knowledge pool and help is right there for the asking.

Enjoy the ride.

T.

Simon, Looks a really nice car. You may want to consider re-colouring your dashboard top in black. I have been told the light grey is a real killer for reflections on the steeply raked screen.
Simon

Attachments

• dash-1.jpg
    dash-1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 416
  • dash-2.jpg
    dash-2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 404
Hi Simon
thanks for email and your very kind comments. The GTD that I purchased via ebay is a fantastic car and as being the car that GTD actually used as their demonstrator/show car -the build quality shows that. I will have to complete a re-commission as the car has been standing around for the past 6 years doing nothing. With regard to your comments on the grey interior - I will be leaving this issue for the time being as just sorted out the 3 pedals - think a twinkle toes size 5 or smaller shoe has been driving this car ? when the GTD40 is safe to drive I will be booking it in for an MOT so that I can Tax the car and enjoy a few moments very soon on the open roads around Guildford in Surrey. Lets hope our glorious indian summer continues!:pepper:
Many thanks for your kind words again
best regards
Simon Huber

Back