Porsche G50 and G52

Can someone help me with some information, I am looking for dimensions for Porsche G50 and G53 transaxles and the position of any mounting points. I am getting pretty desparate and have been looking for ages, hope someone can help even if they can take some pictures with a camera and give me the dimensions that would be really helpful

See if you can get in touch with a Porsche transmission rebuild shop in your area. They should have a bellhousing they can loan you, maybe a damaged one, when cars are in collisions this happens, they crack, but the dimensions are usually unchanged.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Jkyle,

As to mount points, my G50 uses the studs where the main case bolts to the diff housing. There are three studs: one at the center and two on either side (keeping in mind that the transaxle is flipped from its normal position.) Longer studs should be installed and then a plate fabricated to fit the contour of the transaxle and then have three holes bored to match the studs. A right angle foot welded to the plate matches a platform on the rear cross bar of my Sabre chassis. I suppose the studs used to bolt the nose cap to the main transmission section could be used as well and would actually give you more arm to control any yaw forces acting on the engine/transaxle.

Regards,
Lynn

Back