Blocked Pop-Ups

Keith

Quick question Ron and I apologise if you've already dealt with this - the site's banners (which used to display on each page) now arrive in the form of a blocked pop-up dialogue box. Has there been a change in the way these items are displayed? It's not a problem as I can just click on the blocked URL and get it up anyway but it kind of defeats the object for your advertisers!

I don't think I've changed anything but i wonder if good old Microsoft have altered anything for security reasons in one of their prolific updates.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Keith,

Nothing has changed. They are randomly loaded graphics that are just like any other graphic. However, my guess is you have a pop up blocker that is over active and has determined them to be "at risk" and thus blocks them. To my knowledge you are the first that has experienced this and I appreciate you letting me know. Don't know of anything on my end I can change though.

Best,
Ron

Keith

Yes, I think you're right - it is my end. I have a new version of the Avant Browser (note to other forum members: it is the very fastest and user friendly browser out there, it's free and it's an IE shell). I'll just adjust the sensitivity of the pop-up blocker because we certainly can't have all your valuable advertisers blocked out can we? :rolleyes:

Ron Earp

Admin
Keith1 said:
I'll just adjust the sensitivity of the pop-up blocker because we certainly can't have all your valuable advertisers blocked out can we? :rolleyes:

No, we can't - they keep the lights on around here and definitely are serving the community as a whole.

I'm suprised that thing calls those an ad in any case because there is nothing in the code to identify it as such. I wonder if it knows it is on a forum and any graphic in the top portion of a forum is likely to be an advertisement. Interesting.

Ron

Back