Hi All, new to GT40

Hi to All,

Have to say, this is a great forum and I enjoy all the info and opinions. My name is Tony and I have been atempting to get started on a Cobra build for a little over a year. Thankfully, I never pulled the trigger as I have discovered my true passion is the more sophisticated GT40.

I am a General Contractor, Construction Manager in Florida and hope to get my project going soon (end of the year if possible). I really like the CAV for many reasons and it probably fits my somewhat limited schedule. I have good mechanical skills and worked alot on motorcycles and a '71 240z but nothing like what some of you are doing, very impressed with you guys. I think my goal, as much as I would love to build every detail, would be to concentrate on a turn key minus and just install engine/drivetrain.

Initially, I would like to know if there is any input on members in Florida and their sources for parts and whether they would allow me to view their project or completed 40. Thanks and great to be here.

ps- my Avatar is my Ducati until I can post a GT40, but is similar in that it looks beautiful and fast standing still like a GT40. (and yes, I know its from Italy where the red devils are made lol)

Good luck and welcome TC. The CAV will be a good choice but be prepared to answer a lot of questions when you go out for a spin. I have a Kirkham cobra that is spot on authenic but the GT40 gets all the looks. chuck

Thanks Chuck, I hope there will be a little more input from some of the Florida guys out there.

Back