Pedro and Seppi

Have a look at some pics of the two Gulf 917 stardrivers, Pedro Rodriguez and Joseph "Seppi" Siffert.
Most famous incident certainly was their fight for Spa`s Eau Rouge corner in 1970, where they were banging doors of their 917s.
After battling hard for becoming Porsche`s No.1 team driver both lost their lives within three months in 1971, Seppi burned to death in his Formula 1 De Tomaso at Brands Hatch, Pedro burned to death in Herbert Müller`s Ferrari 512 at the Norisring in Nuremberg.

Also 2 pics of the two masterminds behind Porsche`s racing operations, John Wyer and John Horsman at Watkins Glen in 1971.

Best,

Marcus

Attachments

• EauRouge70.jpg
    EauRouge70.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 821
  • Pedro_Daytona70.jpg
    Pedro_Daytona70.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 800
  • Pedro_maintenance.jpg
    Pedro_maintenance.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 794
  • Rod_Zeltweg1.jpg
    Rod_Zeltweg1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 749
  • Seppi_Glen70_Cockpit.jpg
    Seppi_Glen70_Cockpit.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 788
  • Seppi_Spa70_Tyre.jpg
    Seppi_Spa70_Tyre.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 755
  • Siffert_Redman.jpg
    Siffert_Redman.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 756
  • Siffert_Cockpit.jpg
    Siffert_Cockpit.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 775
  • Horsman_Wyer_Glen71.jpg
    Horsman_Wyer_Glen71.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 749
  • Glen71_Ramirez.jpg
    Glen71_Ramirez.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 736
  • Seppi_Rod.jpg
    Seppi_Rod.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 762
Always too nice pictures Marcus....think we are many here loving your posts.

Very interesting note Jo Siffert at work with his mechanics on the car (and not remaining sleeping inside, just waiting).
According from what I know about him, seems he was a second hand car agent, and all his week ends were spend in races (and what races..with that skill).
A cool guy, surely...and a too great lost cause lack of safety in that age motorsports.

Btw, in Le mans I buy exactly that Gulf Jacket....and feel a little as those heroes when I use that:))

Paolo (post more if u have...thx:))

Keith

Wow.....memories, both sad and at the same time really motivating. Thanks for reminding us about the heroes I gew up with Marcus....

Lest we forget.....

Attachments

• preparing.jpg
    preparing.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 642
Speaking of McQueen, here`s another pic showing Steve and Seppi having a good time during filming of "Le Mans"...

Attachments

• steveseppi.jpg
    steveseppi.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 627
eheh, yes, the Dakota jacket was a too big temptation ..even more in le mans.
This is me with Seppi jacket near friends cars...

And I have nearly finished my gulf helmet too....

Attachments

• huge.jpg
    huge.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 590
Great pictures Marcus.
I was at Brands when Seppi was killed---it was really eerie when all the engines all went quiet and we could see the smoke. A very sad day which was supposed to be a bit of F1 fun. Seppi was in a BRM not a de Tomaso (that was Frank Williams car at the time).
On a brighter note I was at Brands in 1968 when Seppi won the British GP in Rob Walker's Lotus 49, brilliant result ----probably the last time a true privateer won a GP.

Back