Gardner Douglas USA T70 spider

Is anyone familiar with GD'S website ? The site looks good yet I do not here any discussion about them. I was wondering if anyone has started a GD T70, or has one actually been completed ? Any info on the company's reputation would be helpful......
Thanks,
Scott

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
They have been around for quite a while. I investigated their T70 before I found the GT40's forum. It was too expensive for me, but it did look well engineered.

Other than that, I think I've seen a few mentioned here on the forum but I can't remember where, so I'm not going to be much more help.

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug ! It looks to me it would be a less expensive alternative to any GT40, the typical kit is priced at $32,800. Plus I love those front inboard mounted coilovers! I'll stay tuned, it looks like maybe that kit might be the one instead of a Tornado or RCR.

Hi Fran !
I don't see the T70 on your site, maybe I'm not navigating it correctly? I,d love to take a peek. The money is burning a hole in my pocket.
Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

I am currently building a GDT70 in New York. I bought the kit after visiting the proprietor Andy in GB back in 2004. My build schedule is somewhat long as I don't get as much opportunity to work on it as I would like, given work schedule, other commitments/interests. I hope to have it on the road in Spring of '07.

Though this is my first foray into a project like this, I'm very impressed with everything so far. If you like, I can send you some photos.

Tom

spud said:
Scott,

I am currently building a GDT70 in New York. I bought the kit after visiting the proprietor Andy in GB back in 2004. My build schedule is somewhat long as I don't get as much opportunity to work on it as I would like, given work schedule, other commitments/interests. I hope to have it on the road in Spring of '07.

Though this is my first foray into a project like this, I'm very impressed with everything so far. If you like, I can send you some photos.

Tom

Tom,

I've been talking to the folks at Brammo about the GD T70, how is your build going? Are you happy with what they provided? Any photos you can post or email?

Thanks,
Bill

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Does anyone happen to have any pics of the GD T70, complete or partially built? Love to see what the mechanicals and chassis look like under that sexy skin. The lower price is appealing to me for a car that I'd likely only use at the track. Thanks in advance!

Guys,

I've been making some progress on my build of a T70, but can't seem to upload images because the files are too large. Any advice on how to get on the builders thead?

Tom

Back