Rcr P4 Coupe

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Yellow coupe for a local Michigan customer,

Pic courtesy of Juan @ Kentucky Cobra Club taken while on a shop visit with some KCC members...thanks Juan

Attachments

• p4 (Small).jpg
    p4 (Small).jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,607

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I suggested a V8 360 engine and trans but the customer does not want F----hassle or expense...he is a jump in and drive kinda guy...

He is enamoured by the look and feel.....cant say I blame him...

Beautiful car, and the colours great as well ! I did a P4 spider here once with a chevy, fantastic looking car, sounded ***** though, needs 4 extra cylinders. Well done Fran.

Just out of curiosity, what would be some options for a 12? I guess something out af a 365/400 2+2 if you wanted to stay with Ferrari. Maybe a Jag motor? The only modern ones I know of are from Bimmer and Merc, and it's not like you see them kicking around too often...

Plus the tranny would be a pain in the arse...?

Ron Earp

Admin
How about an old Lycoming flat 12?
lyco1230.jpg

1230 inches, lets see, 61 cu inches per liter, oh, about 20L in displacement. And it really isn't all that big either but I think it is watercooled which would be a pain.

Saw an air cooled flat eight in a crop duster that was a 720in motor I was told, about 11 L. Neither would be much for revving but they could get the job done with a properly geared transaxle.

Sounds like a nice option would be a nice hot flat air cooled flat six from the Porsche family.

Now THAT would be a worthy motor! An 80's F1 V12 in a 60's Ferrari prototype. Instead of rolling over, Enzo would probably bust out of his sarcophagus and do a little dance.

Hell yeah!!!

I would imagine the limiting factor is how much room is available between the firewall and the rear clip when closed. BMW and Jaguar V12 engines are available used for reasonable money but I'm not sure they'd fit.

Back