Oh Boy, Mk II - Is it real????

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Gregg,

You are spot on! This is the Fran Kress Mk II. I have pictures that I posted for Fran Kress in 2002, I think, and I have verified that this is the same car.

Regards,
Lynn

Sweet fancy Moses! All that style and performance AND yet so practical with a serviceable "trunk" to stow your suitcase for your next trip!

MD

I was at Fran's house a month ago, and that serviceable "trunk" frame work was in pieces. Looks like it's ready to fly, fixed up and painted pretty quick!

It will be interesting to see how the market values this car, now that the Superformance Mk II is available. I have not seen any SP GT40, but the PR about them is that they are very authentic to the originals. I looked at this car some years ago but not in detail. I have been told that it is very exact in detail to the originals. With the Holman Mk IIs priced at $500K or more (I think), SP cars at ~$150K when all is said and done (and with continuation serial numbers from Safir GT40 Spares), where this car slots in is anyone's guess.

Don, the SPF's run in the low 70k for a roller with options. Your drivetrain, a Roush 427 plus RBT transaxle should be 25k making the total cost under a 100k and not 150k. When do you think you will get 1040 up and running?

Back