GT40ish Roller

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Actually he says the frame is a Corvair, albeit a "highly modified '66"; whatever that means. The '65 and later Corvair had a pretty nice suspension despite what Mr. Nader said. (He actually attacked the '61-'63 suspension, which did have some real issues.) Some even said that it was better than the Corvettes of the same vintage because it had individual coil springs at all 4 corners rather than the transverse leaf spring that the 'Vettes used. But, unfortunately the damage was already done and, despite the engineering efforts of GM, the Corvair was doomed. The '67 and later gearboxes had the much improved Saginaw gearsets, but GM never did get the gearbox and the diff in the right order, IMHO. But this was set up for a Porsche 915. In the late '60s, I studied the book "Hot Rodding the Corvair" as this was just about it, beyond a VW, for building your own sports car affordably.

If you can get past the looks this could be put on the road with minimal money and then driven like it was stolen :) A true driver. No sense in sinking a bunch of money into it to try to make if fancy. BUT, I wouldn't suggest anyone putting anything into it sight unseen! I'd really want to give the chassis a very close inspection.

Regards,
Lynn

Kellison had a frame that could be bought along with the body
for mid-engine set up, either Ford or Chev.
It could be that......, or one built by the constructer ?
Witch could be built by Kellison's drawing's ?
I think the Corvair had a unibody set up.
You can unbolt the front and rear supension with out too much trouble.
A lot of hot rodder's used the front end's on their car's,
before the Mustang II's came out.

Cheer's !

Back