New, but tainted member (!)

Well, I seem to have screwed up from the beginning by posting on a thread and challenging the common knowledge here!! Oh well.

I am presently in the midst of restoring my Aston DB2 - expensive proposition - but I am really intrigued with the idea of getting a Gt40 'clone'. I was interested enough in the CAV that was on ebay untill a few days ago to email the seller and just received an email saying he will sell for $68,500. For a sorted CAV this seems reasonable? I am too tied up in my Aston right now to proceed with the CAV but thought someone would like to know this.
David B:chug:

DavidBir said:
Well, I seem to have screwed up from the beginning by posting on a thread and challenging the common knowledge here!! Oh well.
David B:chug:

Hi David, I think you will have to a lot worse than that to screw up round here! We seem to be a fairly friendly lot with a common interest. Welcome on board and I look forward to further posts from you!

cheers
Jac Mac

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
David,

I engage mouth (or fingers I guess) before enaging brain as much or more than anyone else on the forum. While I don't mean to be personally critical of anyone, my wife tells me that I often come of as condescending. But, apparently, I have been forgiven of my many faux pas (pl?), so I have to agree with Jac Mac: you'll have to do a lot worse than what you wrote on the Synthetic thread to really piss anyone off.

If you want to see what it takes, do a search on "Meat"

Regards,
Lynn

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
llarsen said:
David,
If you want to see what it takes, do a search on "Meat" Regards,
Lynn

Unfortunately, "Meat" preceeded me. I knew of him/her from other forums, however.

I seem to remember another rather annoying member who recently returned in disguise.

As long as you are here for the love of GT40's and not to stroke your ego, I think you'll find you don't need a flame suit here. There are plenty of very knowledgable members here who are willing to either point the way to a previous thread or answer a question. I thought I had some great ideas when I started posting and it was an humbling experience to find out those ideas weren't unique and quite a few members have helped me save $$ by lending their knowledge.

The most consistent advice any of us give newbys is to learn to use the search function--look at Lynn's recommendation above (BTW, it's nice to see you back on the forum, Lynn!). There's an incredible range of information archived on this forum and you can access it easily with practice. I find that I'm using the search function more than I post. One very cool function of reading previous threads is "thread drift"--I've learned some very cool things reading through the ways the threads deviate from the posted "topic". Again, I think you'll find it incredible the levels of knowledge many of our members have!

Good luck and welcome!

Doug

Back