GT40 Indicator Lights

Yeah they are correct for the mkIs and mkIIIs.

Not that the seller says "these are all old stock not new reproductions, all the parts are used but in very nice condition."

These are all readily available new. They cost in the order of £2.40 a piece (approx $4).
Clearly you have to add postage to that, but you do to the auction too...

It is true the white ones are not as widely available as the other colours, but they are available.

$20 is a fair price. I wonder what the reserve is set to though...

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
John -

Do you have some online sources for the new versions of the lamps?

Thanks

Sandy

Here you go Sandy:
VWP switches 3

scroll down to 12v warning lights, about 40% the way down the page.
If your ordering from the UK you'll likely avoid our VAT, but may end up paying duty your end.

They are cheaper still from this place:
Car Builder Solutions - indicators, push buttons, oil light switch, dip switch, warning lights, cigarette lighter socket, quick disconnect, headlamp switches,hazard light switch.
but you will see they have an indicator coloured body too, which break easier if your not careful with them.

There are several other places that sell these, all for around the same money.

I'll look through my links to see who sells the white ones too if you want that info.

Cheers,
John.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
John,

Those lights you listed, dont have the jewel facetted cut faces.
Those light lenses are the smooth, domed type.
Ive not found a re manufacturer of the correct lights.
Please correct me if im wrong.
Ive had the correct jewel faced white lenses remanufactured.

Last edited:
Andy,

your right that the pictures don't show the faceted ones, but VWP did them last time I spoke with them.
I'll look through my links again, as I know they are abvailable, I've brought them !!

The white ones I have came from an autojumble (they are new), and I should have the card for the supplier somewhere, probably take a bit of finding though...

According to my notes, Lucas part numbers are:
Green - 38102A
Blue - 38103A
Red - 38104A
white - 38105A
Amber - 38107A

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Those Lucas dash warning lights posted on eBay are a correct set of four colours for GT40 MKIs & MKIIIs.
Like the seller wrote, the blue and white are extremely difficult to find especially unfaded, and being at least thirty years old you will have to pay a wee bit more for the rarity and originality in your dash.

The rest are Hobson's choice in my opinion.

Back