Problems with search engine again?

I know I've discussed 01E transaxles a lot, but when I went to do a search the term "01E" along with my user name the search function only returned two results, both recent threads. This leads me to believe there is another indexing problem with the search function.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Mark,

I think you are correct, even just 01E without a user name specified only yields 26 threads, starting in 6/2006. I'll take a look tonight and consult with Ron.

Regards,

Al

OK, here's the thread I was searching for last night (I found it by browsing on page 12 of 18 in the transaxle forum):

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/tech-pow...80-comparison-audi-01e-vs-016-transaxles.html

Note that it has the terms 01E and 016 not just in the thread, but in the title also. When I enter "01E, 016" in the search box I get 13 replies, all of which are dated from June 2006 or later.

I just noticed my subscription has expired, so when you guys get it fixed I'll pony up for a premier membership. :D

Ron Earp

Admin
Let's keep this on topic or maybe start another help thread on contributions.

If you suspect you have contributed and it isn't showing up, just go to your PayPal and find the contribution date and send over to me. PayPal goes back at least two years, and the subscriptions are for one year. Sorry to put that on the user, but it is hard for me to crosscheck these by hand. I get a contribution in PayPal from an email address and that my or may not have anything to do with the persons' User Name on this forum.

Okay, back to search problems. I have tweaked a few things on the engine but I seem to get okay results. None of you get 25+ hits when just typing "01E" into the search box???

Ron

Ron Earp said:
Okay, back to search problems. I have tweaked a few things on the engine but I seem to get okay results. None of you get 25+ hits when just typing "01E" into the search box???

I get 26 hits when I search for 01E, but all of them are from June 28 2006 or later. It seems the search feature is ignoring earlier posts.

Ron Earp

Admin
Try it out now. It looks to me like it is working great. I did a quick search of 01E and got 123 hits, some going back to 2003.

Ron

Back