1968 - lap of Le mans

The listed producer is Sir Stirling Moss. Is there more material on other publications of him and GT on for example Video / DVD ...?

The video is great. I'm saving the flash on my desktop so i can even watch when i'm traveling !

Grz

Many thanks Julian,

I could watch videos like this till the cows come home. Sure there must be a market for this type of thing, just in car shots. They create great inspiration to get the build finished.

The car in the video was owned and driven by Peter Sadler, a private owner in chassis GT40P/1010, which was a brand new chassis with the remains of the original 1010 used by Essex Wire car which had crashed at Oulton Park in 1966

1968 Race

YouTube - 1968 24 hours of Le Mans

This link was there too. Realy good stuff. I especially enjoyed this because of an experience I once had. In the early 80's I had the pleasure of prepping 1076 for Chuck Kendall. The story with the car was that it got stuck in the sand at Lemans. Well here it is in all it's glory. You can just feel Brian Muirs pain. To go from being in complete control of a 220 mph Gurney Westlake powered thoroughbred, Webers in your left ear, just singing, to a ditchdigging spectator in a split second. Ouch.

Chris
Historic Race Car Replicas

Back