wiring loom

Rf118 today had its battery connected and the dash lit up with all the correct mesages.However I am alittle confused by the msd ignition connections. Prior to connecting the ignition live to the msd box the starter motor was fully functional to the key.
Then the ignition msd lead was conected to the red/green lead on the multiconector ,next to a permenant live on the main loom ,as this gave a 12 volt suply when the ignition was on. Also the holley fuel cut off was conected to a blue white lead that had the same properties. This resulted in starter motor relay failiure

ANY ONE GOT ANY IDEA WHY ? I cant see why these leads would be related and as soon as they were un plugged starter motor sprang to life

Havent had time to fiddle yet !

for reference having spoken to jerry in uk there is a need to make some un mentioned alterations to the multi pin plug by the permenant feed in order to get the fans and fuel pumps working ,THEY ARE

white --- speedo connection
pink ----- tacho feed
red green ----ignition live (connect to fuel pump,electronic ignition, and carb
fuel cut off)
green/black---- fuel pump connect to ignition live
blue/white------Electric fans connect to earth(may relate to an inline
thermostat fan switch)
blue orange----- spare
red white ------spare
black------- obvious earth

the wiring loom is made for an ecu unit but hopefully the above will allow my carb version to work. Currently seems ok except when switch from the right to left tank the 15 amp fuse blows ,probably as the return valve I used is wired in correctly as there was no wire fo it in the loom and I boldly connected it via the lifter pump on the rt tank

Why is it when you need to get under the car to check the problem the trolley jack decides to blow its mortal seal! oh well at least theres 7 shopping days left

Hi Huw,
Just bought a lightweight aluminium trolley jack to fit under the 40- 79mm when lowered so it will fit underneath without having to raise the front on blocks of wood, and only £93 from machine mart.
Jerry

Back