Locking Vented Caps

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi guys,

CAV Canada has had a locking filler cap kit for a while and with recent postings about vapour smells, I thought it worth mentioning again.

What you get is a machined ring that press fits into your filler neck to allow an OEM style locking, vented gas cap to fit under the Monza cap originally supplied with the car. Stops the vapour, and gives peace of mind re little monsters messing with your car.

We've added a CNC cut spacer ring to the kit so you no longer have to grind down the height of your filler neck protruding above the cowl, a tricky job at best and not recommended on a car with fuel in the tanks!

So if you've got a pre 100 series car and can use this mod, give me a call. It's worth doing.

Cheers

Attachments

• Spacer Ring.jpg
    Spacer Ring.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 614
  • locking cap sm.jpg
    locking cap sm.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 576
  • Locking Ring.jpg
    Locking Ring.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 602

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Fred,

I need to know the inside diameter of the filler neck and how high it protrudes above the cowl to determine that. Can you PM me the numbers?

Cheers

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Ray,

The spacer ring lifts the Monza cap .250 so the Locking Cap will fit under the Monza cap. The neck of the filler tube protrudes too high for the Monza cap to latch with the Locking cap underneath. So your choices are 1) shorten the filler neck by .250 or 2) raise the Monza cap.

The safest way to grind down the filler necks is with the fuel cells removed from the car. Since this requires taking off the hood and front suspension, spacing up the Monza cap .250 starts to sound pretty appealing:)

The difference is barely visable although in both cases, with or without the spacer you have the opportunity to make sure the cowl is sealed to the base of the Monza cap. Some cars were not adequately seated in fuel proof sealer which results in an amazing amount of fuel smells in the cabin if the filler backs up on you...

So it's a practical enhancement to the car, good way to kill a few hours of spare time and makes the car cleaner and safer. Two sets gone today, can I put you down for a pair while they're in stock?

Thanks for the pics of your car btw, looks great!

Cheers

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hi Ian,

Looking good there! Nice and simple and elegant...very impressive.

Can you please advise of the cost?

Thanks in advance.

Back