Newbie here

Hi all,

I have been looking at this forum for a cple weeks and decided to join, as the discussions are very interesting and informative, and I am looking forward to being able to ask questions.
I am very close to putting down a deposit on an SPF (that would be with Snakepit in Long Island), havent decided yet Mk1 or Mk2. Either way I'd put a 427w in it.

Tailwinds

LOG

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum, LOG. You have made a great choice as far as a product, just be ready to wait quite a while to take delivery, as there are some significant holdups on ZF transaxles right now. You might have a better experience, it might depend on your choice for finishing the build.

Good choice on the motor--I was at a "dyno day" last weekend and watched two 427CID stroked Windsors post RWH numbers between 410 and 460, with a broad, flat torque curve that was amazing. Those stroker motors are "the bomb", as the kids say.

Doug

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Laurent. Good choice on getting a 40. I've had\have a lot of different cars and the 40 will be around forever. Having been on different car forums, I find this one the very best and you'll benefit from some very knowledgeable people.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Laurent - I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here. The members of the forum are a terrific bunch and more than willing to help if they can. Truly a remarkable group.

While I haven't seen an SPF with mine own eyes (yet), the pics and reports sure sound encouraging. The 427 you're considering should give you just about enough power to put you in orbit.

My kind of guy... :)

Best,

T.

Great car! If you are going to drive it on the street a lot, you might consider that the blind spots in a MK1 are bad but in the MK11 they are awful!!

I have spf mk2 gt402124 and I have found with proper side mirrors on the front fenders and a narrow oblong air cleaner give you decent vision out back I would not let vision be a major factor in your decision.
jerry d gt40p2124

Back