Unpainted/gelcoat P.R.I. R C R Show Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a customer car that we have down in Florida for the PRI...

It is unpainted and as such has had ZERO bodywork done...the doors are not hinged just resting in place.....

We buffed the gelcoat , you can still see the parting lines if you look closely.

We installed stock parts that come in the Deluxe plus kit....for $41,995.....nothing special at all......

This car was built from scratch in 8 days by two RCR techs.....Jason and Mark

We do our own in house decals...and they will be kits available to replicate almost any original car early in the New Year...

Check out the headlight decals.....just what you need for a track nose...no wiring/glass parts..

So what do you think?????

Attachments

• PRI pics 021.jpg
    PRI pics 021.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,314
  • PRI pics 023.jpg
    PRI pics 023.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,296
  • PRI pics 027.jpg
    PRI pics 027.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,318
  • PRI pics 015.jpg
    PRI pics 015.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,267
  • PRI pics 017.jpg
    PRI pics 017.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,286
Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Is it any wonder your products are at the top of the short list for many of us?

And.....you keep adding more all the time!

:)

Doug

Looks great Fran! Definitely the way to go for a race car. Why add the extra weight of the paint when you can buff out the gel and Stick on some decals. I was wondering when someone was going to do this on a race intended car.

Nice decals too BTW.

Your product is simply awesome.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
If you could only figure out how to get the Gulf scheme into the gel coat ;)

Lookin' good.

Sandy

I am glad to see that the car is coming along so fast! I guess you could drop it off at the house on the way back from Florida!

All joking aside, You have done an amazing job!:pepper: :pepper:

I will be patiently awaiting the finished product. Have fun in Florida!

Hells teeth, Fran, that is stunning. And better finished, I would guess (haven't seen either) than an original GT40. I think this captures the essence of the GT40, which was a race car after all, modified as necessary and practical, not a concourse finish luxury performance car.

I'll have mine in red also, thanks. Don't worry about Gulf colours in the gelcoat, I'm tired of Gulf colours.

Dalton

Fran:

Very nice! If you're tracking the car, why not use the gel-coat as you
mentioned. You guys must have been in a hurry ( note: sticker tires ) !

Thanks!

Mark

Jim Sheren said:
Why add the extra weight of the paint when you can buff out the gel and Stick on some decals. I was wondering when someone was going to do this on a race intended car.
Lotus Sevens used to be built that way. The body was just gel coat and polished aluminum, no paint.

The Mercedes-Benz team did something like that in 1934 when they entered the Grand Prix races with polished aluminum instead of the national color of white. They did that to save weight (otherwise their cars would have been over the 750Kg limit).

For more on the story, read: Porsche 356 Registry - German Silver

And NASA realized they can save a tremendous amount of weight by not painting the huge external fuel tank on the space shuttle (that's why it's now orange/brown instead of the white color from the early days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back